Past, Present, Future

13:59

I had no expectation or whatsoever before going to Louis Vuitton Series 3 the exhibition. I only saw loads of Instagram poses from bloggers I’m following on the opening night. At the time, I focused more of who were at the opening party rather than what’s inside the exhibition. I got excited over seeing Selena Gomez, Cara Delevingne, and so many more celebs on my newsfeed that I was hoping I would perhaps see them at the London Fashion Week or something. But anyway, that didn't happen. And so, I would just brag about the fact that the actual exhibition was amazing.

All I have to say was that it was worth the time. The experience inside was very unique with a well thought spacious design that reflected the inspiration behind Nicolas Ghesquiere's ready to wear fall 2015 show as Artistic Director at Louis Vuitton. There weren't many descriptions of the thinking process but rather, I think the goal behind this exhibition was the experience. The feeling of walking through each room, experiencing the form, brightness, darkness pretty much sums up the inspiration of the collection. 

It's just something one needs to experience for oneself to understand what I'm talking about. All else this is just another paragraph of me explaining what I felt at the time while nobody understands me at all. Ha ha. For anyone who're in London, the exhibition still runs from now until October 18th at 180 The Strand. 

There was one particular room that showcased how the Petite Malle was being made 'live' with French artisan assembling leather pieces for the viewers. I felt so-so with the design of the bag until I actually saw it in front of my eyes and how it was being made. All I had to say with my friend whom I went with was 'I want it', especially the pink pastel one that you can see below.



Nearby the location of the lvseries3 exhibition, just at Covent Garden, there was also balloons installation stretches 54 m in length and 12 m in width by Charles Petillon. My friend and I went there before our booking time slot at the Strand. 

 “The balloon invasions I create are metaphors. Their goal is to change the way in which we see the things we live alongside each day without really noticing them. With Heartbeat I wanted to represent the Market Building as the beating heart of this area – connecting its past with the present day to allow visitors to re-examine its role at the heart of London’s life."
Charles Pétillon


Looking up at the sky, I just felt so dreamy like as if the cloud was becoming more round and heavier that it dropped down to under the roof. It was in my to-go list once I came back to London, and this installation didn't disappoint me.

At Somerset House, literally five minutes from 180 the Strand, there were also shiny shell installations lying around the centre area of the venue. Since London Fashion Week has moved its venue to Brewer Street Market starting from this season, it was my first time to come to Somerset House without seeing anything going on in the center except for these shiny things, seemed out of place, but hey, it's art. What do you expect. 

Don't forget to stop by here before or after you to the lvseries3 and take some snaps here and there like I did.

I was wearing Gap t-shirt, Topshop jeans, Uniqlo jacket, Adidas x Raf Simons sneakers, and Proenza Schouler bag

Photo of me by Sei Saito

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow

Flickr Images